I took my unit on Global Connections and created a digital resource you can share for an at-home learning experience for your students. I added some more components, and simplified some so there are 10 days of lessons that covers the basics about global connections and global citizenship.
Each day students will watch a video that is a voice recorded powerpoint from the unit on the Revolutionary War and do a related activity. There are 2 versions of the power point, a regular one and a simplified version. Students are also encourage to review the vocabulary cards each day and choose an activity from the list to complete. NOTE: students will need a way to print out the activity at home. They do NOT complete it in google. There is also an optional YouTube video embedded that they can watch at the end of each lesson.
Teachers can assign either one lesson per day through google classroom or send the student all 10 days at once.
- Day 1: Circle map on global connections
- Day 2: Circle map on local impacts
- Day 3: Circle map on global impacts
- Day 4: Sorting good vs bad effects
- Day 5: What can I do? activity
- Day 6: Making pledge cards
- Day 7: Close worksheet: general facts
- Day 8: Close worksheet: local impacts
- Day 9: Close worksheets: global impacts
- Day 10: Assessment