https://i0.wp.com/specialneedsforspecialkids.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/5-things-about-me-title.png?fit=560%2C315&ssl=1 315 560 christajoy1765 christajoy17652015-10-07 12:31:242015-10-07 12:31:245 Things About Me
So here are 5 things about me…
- I am a veterinarian. I graduated in 1995 from the College of Veterinary Medicine in Raleigh, NC. I practiced small animal medicine until my son was born in 1997. I LOVED it. But, due to his needs and diagnosis of autism, I gave up my career to try and “cure” him. Nope, didn’t work. Thus fact 2…
- I have an 18 year old son with severe autism. I love him to death, despite the fact it certainly is not the life I though I would lead. I went back to school and learned all I could about autism and other disabilities, which led me to getting a master’s in sped ed. (For those of you who are counting, yes, I have a bachelor degree, a doctorate degree, and a master’s degree. Luckily, I LOVE school.)
- Reading is my absolute favorite leisure activity. I find time to read every day, usually when I am done with my TPT work. A glass of wine and a comfy chair and I am in heaven. I will read anything. My favorite reads are books with complex family sagas. I also love a good thriller.
- So I would say I love to quilt, but I find it cuts into my obsession listed in number 3. I usually put time aside on the weekends to quilt, forcing myself to take a step back from the computer and constant work on my TPT store. Thus, it maintains my sanity. I used to make a different quilt to hang outside my classroom door every month of the year while I was teaching. The kids loved it; now my friends and family are the benefactors of this hobby.
- My family spends as many days as we can at my in-law’s small house on High Rock Lake in NC. It is tiny with only one bathroom, but I could move out there and live happily today. It sits on the water with a long dock that faces the most amazing sunsets I have ever seen. My son loves it there, and I know that eventually he, I and my husband will end up living on the water. I just have to be patient, but I cannot wait!!